NHGA President CEO Job Posting
President & CEO
Manchester, New Hampshire
The New Hampshire Grocers Association seeks a dynamic, visionary President & CEO to lead the organization into the future, and who has demonstrated management of issues and people.
Resume’s must be submitted electronically by 11/15 9 pm.
NHGA was founded in 1933 and is a 501(c)6 business trade association. NHGA is a statewide membership organization that achieves its mission through advocacy, training, member services, and member engagement, with an operating budget of $425,000 annually.
The organization is made up of more than 800 members that represent the interests of both chain and independent grocery retailers and their suppliers. Our members include, but are not limited to, c-stores, local markets, gas stations, butcher shops, cafes, sub shops, pharmacies, campgrounds, specialty food shops, mid-sized independent supermarkets, and larger supermarket chains. Additional eligible members include food and beverage product manufacturers, brokers, wholesalers, distributors, and service providers.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The President & CEO will report directly to the NHGA Board and will have primary responsibility for the leadership of NHGA, including day-to-day operations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience in retail, food supply chain or government relations is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial, budgeting, and association management.
- A track record as a builder, with credibility, high ethics, and impeccable personal and professional integrity.
- Strong management skills, and preferably previous experience with non-profit associations.
- Demonstrated marketing and communications skills.
- The ability to plan, organize, direct and coordinate programs and activities of the Association.
- Initiate and supervise programs to maintain and increase membership of the Association.
- Ensure the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and management group are kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the Association.
- Execute all decisions of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Expand revenues to support existing and new program operations.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
We are seeking candidates who possess:
- A demonstrated ability to (i) execute effectively and ethically, (ii) behave in ways that are collaborative but decisive, using a distributed leadership model, (iii) accomplish measurable goals, (iv) serve as a creative, innovative visionary, (v) remain focused and disciplined concerning the mission, and (vi) work effectively with diverse groups of employees, funders, and Board members.
- Excellent facilitation and mediation skills.
A comprehensive, competitive compensation package will be provided.
Candidates who are qualified and wish to be considered for this position must submit a resume and cover letter.
Please direct inquiries and expressions of interest to:
Chairman, Board of Directors
227 Mechanic Street
Lebanon, NH 03766
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.